The Excellence Award was created as a way to recognize and reward Grinnell College employees for their exceptional contributions to Grinnell College. Award recipients are featured in the Laurel Leaf. Print/complete the Excellence Award Form and send by Campus Mail to Human Resources/OGF, fax to 641-269-4885, or mail the form to the Office of Human Resources, 733 Broad Street, Old Glove Factory, Grinnell, Iowa 50112.
Policies and Procedures
Eligibility: All full and part-time employees. Does not include temporary or contract employees. Criteria: This award honors employees who demonstrate one or more of the following:
- Providing exceptional and conscientious customer service
- Unusual initiative and/or creativity
- Working above and beyond normal job expectations
- Developing and/or implementing ideas that improve the internal work processes or which saves significant time or money
- Demonstrating a helpful and positive attitude
- Going the extra mile to help out with a project or solve a problem
- Completing a significant project
- Nominations may be submitted by any Grinnell College employee, student, alumni and/or visitor of the college.
- Nomination (Excellence Award) forms are located around campus and are available from the Office of Human Resources. These forms invite a personalized description of the action being commended and serve as a remembrance of the thoughtful and creative ways we work together to accomplish our shared goals.
- Completed forms should be placed in the Excellence Award boxes or sent to the Office of Human Resources at the Old Glove Factory. Human Resources will present the top copy of the form to the award recipient, keep the middle copy for the award drawing, and forward the bottom copy to the award recipient's supervisor.
Award Selection All Excellence Award forms are placed in a drawing for an award. The award recipient is noted in the Laurel Leaf and he/she receives a token of appreciation. All Excellence Award nomination names are published in the Laurel Leaf.