General procedure for routing end-of-course packets
1) Packets of forms are delivered on the Monday prior to the last week of classes.
- The packets are delivered to instructors' offices as listed in the campus directory.
- If an instructor needs forms before this date, please contact Vickie Rutherford, x3450. Vickie has all of the packets and can provide blank forms in bulk should you need extras.
- EOC forms are not automatically provided for all types of courses. Examples include independent studies, internships, and courses that have only one student enrolled. However, everyone is welcome to use these standard forms. Please contact Vickie if you would like to use the form but were not sent a packet in the initial distribution.
- "Return to" locations are centralized by department. Please reshuffle and re-label materials as may be practical or necessary.
2) Instructors hand out the forms to their students in class.
3) The students complete the forms in class and return the packets to the department offices (the "return to" location is listed on each packet label).
4) The instructional support staff members scan the forms and store the results as PDFs. These electronic copies are kept on file for department chair use.
- The completed questionnaires are removed from the envelopes and arranged so they all face the same direction.
- Unused forms and instruction sheets are separated out and returned to Institutional Research (we can use leftover material next semester).
- Double-sided scanned images are created.
- The department chair scans also serve as a contingency procedure (backup copies are created before the forms leave the department office).
- The scanned forms can be accessed by working with the academic support staff members and are made available to department chairs (after grades have been submitted) for departmental functions.
- The original forms are put back in their envelopes and routed to Institutional Research for processing. The forms are usually sent in batches to Nollen House after the last day of classes. Contact Facilities Management (x3300) for hauling services.
5) IR processes the forms and puts them back in the envelope along with an explanatory sheet that contains college-wide statistics and an individual summary sheet.
6) The processed packets are sent back to the department offices (after grades have been submitted). The support staff then distributes the packets of results to the instructors.
7) IR places quantitative summary sheets for department chairs in network folders accessible by the academic support staff.
Department chairs should coordinate with support staff members regarding the use of these documents. Working with this material is a department chair responsibility, and consideration should be given to internal department procedures that will ensure that this information is available to the position of department chair for enduring use. Results from these forms are used in a variety of personnel matters and formative applications.
The process is generally finished four to six weeks after the last day of finals. If someone needs the results sooner they may contact Institutional Research.
These forms contain sensitive information; please be sure the materials are handled appropriately.
If you have questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.