Accidental Deleted Email Recovery Now Available
ITS has now made it possible to recover messages that were unintentionally deleted from your mailbox. To do so, the messages must meet the following criteria:
1. The messages must have been deleted from the "Deleted Items" folder. Emails deleted directly from
another folder are not recoverable (e.g. - Using Shift+Delete from the Inbox)
2. The messages must have been deleted within the last day.
3. The messages must have been deleted using the Outlook client, or Outlook Web Access. Other mail
clients will not function correctly.
Messages removed from the Deleted Items folder will be retained for one day. After that time, they will no longer be available.
The process for recovery is as follows: (Again, only Outlook and Outlook Web Access have this capability.)
1. Click on the Deleted Items folder in your folder list.
2. Select Tools/Recover Deleted Items
3. Highlight the message(s) you wish to recover. (Note - selection keys such as Shift and Ctrl are
available to select a group of messages to recover)
4. Click the Recover Selected Items button (looks like an envelope with an arrow looping out of it)
The messages will be returned to your Deleted Items folder. You can then move them wherever you wish.
1. Select Options from the shortcut bar.
2. Click the View Items button in the Recover Deleted Items section.
3. Highlight the message(s) you wish to recover, using the checkboxes to the left of each message.
4. Click the Recover command in the toolbar at the top.
The messages will be returned to your Deleted Items folder. You can then move them wherever you wish. ============================
As always, please contact the Helpdesk at x4400 or your support team if you have any questions.