With the CallPilot voice messaging system, students living in college housing may receive messages in a personal voice mailbox. For multiple-occupancy rooms, before a voice mailbox can be used, however, you must subscribe to the CallPilot. If you have not yet subscribed, you should review the information at Subscribing to CallPilot. Some of the features offered to students through CallPilot include:
- There are no shared mailbox resources. Each mailbox is personal and has its own resources.
- Messages that have been "read" will be retained for three days.
- Each mailbox is allocated five minutes storage for retained messages.
- There is no autologin feature.
- Up to three greetings:
- Your external greeting is played for calls originating off campus.
- Your internal greeting is played for calls originating from a campus telephone. (If you do not record an internal greeting, your external greeting is used if recorded.)
- A temporary greeting that can be set to expire at a defined date and time.
- When more than one mailbox associated with an extension is subscribed, mailboxes are assigned to the call menu in the order they were subscribed.
- Except for single-occupancy rooms, you must subscribe to your mailbox before you can receive voice messages.
- If any of the mailboxes associated with the extension has a new message waiting, the message-waiting lamp will be lit.
CallPilot Shared Extension Answering Menu
- The best way to leave a message for an individual living in a residence hall who has subscribed to voice mail is to call the campus telephone extension for the residence hall room.
- With more than one mailbox subscribed to an extension, callers will hear the prompt: "No one is available to take your call. To leave a message for ...," at which point the CallPilot attendant will list, by menu number with recorded name, the subscribed mailboxes. The caller simply presses the menu number associated with the person to receive the message.
- If no keys are pressed or an invalid selection is made, CallPilot will present the menu again.
- Upon menu selection, if no personal greeting is recorded, the caller will hear the recorded name of the person subscribed to the selected mailbox.