The Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) in Argentina
- The CIEE in Argentina is located at the Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSO), one of ten such centers in Latin America, which sponsor the most prestigious teaching program in the social sciences in the region.
- The program is designed to provide students with a critical appreciation of Argentina and its importance in Latin America from the perspective of the social sciences. Students normally take two special courses offered at FLACSO combined with one or two regular University of Buenos Aires courses in addition to a required intensive course in Spanish.
- FLACSO offers courses for program participants in history, political science, economics, and Argentine studies. Regular university courses are available in a wide range of disciplines including sociology, economics, history, psychology, and political science. All courses are taught by Argentine faculty in Spanish. Excursions are offered by the program within Buenos Aires and a more extensive field trip to a destination further afield in Argentina, such as Cordoba.
- Students are housed in homestays or in student residences.
- Eligibility: Third-year Spanish, coursework in Latin American studies or social sciences.
Council on International Educational Exchange | 207-553-7600 | Fax: 207-553-4299 | email@example.com