Institute for the International Education of Students (IES) in Santiago, Chile
- The IES in Santiago, Chile operates in cooperation with the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile and the Universidad de Chile, where students enroll in courses to supplement IES classes and study alongside Chilean students.
- The IES curriculum concentrates on the twin themes of tradition and development in Chile and Latin America, with all coursework taught in the fields of Anthropology, Art History, Economics, Environmental Studies, History, Literature, Political Science, Spanish language and literature, and Sociology.
- The Universidad de Chile, one of the IES partner universities, sponsors interdisciplinary research in Andean Studies, Easter Island Studies, Bioethics, Environmental Studies, and Public Policy. Courses are also offered in Anthropology, Economics, Sciences, History, Mathematics, Music, Psychology, and Sociology. At the Pontificia Universidad Católic a de Chile, Chile's largest private university, courses are available in Art, Sci ences, Geography, History, Mathematics, Philosophy, Political Science, and the Social Sciences. The program features a special Heath Sciences program of interest to pre-med students.
- A Service Learning option offers projects in social psychology and the sociology of the family and includes 60 hours of community service. Internships are also available in non-profit organizations, businesses, or government.
- Field Trips include course-related excursions to places of interest in Santiago and elsewhere in Chile throughout the semester. An optional field trip is offered to Easter Island in the fall and Patagonia in the spring.
- Housing is provided in homestays.
- Eligibility: Spanish 285. Latin American Studies courses recommended.
International Education of Students (IES) | 800-995-2300 | Fax: 312-944-1448 | Susan Hansen: email@example.com