The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)-Butler University in Mexico
- The IFSA-Butler program in Mexico, sponsored by Butler University, operates in cooperation with the Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan. Located in the city of Merida in the Yucatan Peninsula, the university is one of the most renowned in Mexico, with many of its major departments ranked among the best in the country.
- The area offers a unique mixture of dynamic modern Mexico, colonial Mexican heritage, and indigenous Mayan cultures. The university offers study-abroad students the opportunity to study together with their Mexican peers in all subject areas, including the natural and applied sciences, fine art, history, literature, sociology, archeology, anthropology, economics, and education. The semester begins with a 10-day orientation.
- Field excursions include a four to five day archeological trip and visits to Exmal, Chichen or or Ek-Balam.
- Housing is provided in a homestay with a local family.
- Eligibility: Third-Year Spanish.
Institute for Study Abroad Butler University | 800-858-0229 or 317-940-9336 | Fax: 317-940-9704 | email@example.com