Morehouse College in Atlanta
- Morehouse College is the nation's only historically black, all-male, four-year, liberal arts college, founded in 1867.
- The college's mission is to provide a comprehensive academic, social and spiritual experience that prepares its students for leadership and success in larger society. It endeavors to provide an environment that encourages students to develop an appreciation for the ideals of brotherhood, equality, spirituality, humane values, and democracy.
- The 55-acre campus is located near downtown Atlanta and has an enrollment of 3,000 men from 40 states and 12 foreign countries. There are eight residence halls and more than half of the students are housed on campus. The college has 180 full-time faculty and offers bachelor of arts and science degrees in 35 majors.
- Morehouse has a very lively student culture and charters more than 40 educational, cultural, religious, social and recreational student organizations.
- Students at other colleges who wish to attend Morehouse may be admitted as transient students.
- Eligibility: A letter of good standing and eligibility to return to the last institution attended.
For a Program Adviser Appointment, contact:
Professor Benjamin, (English) Mears 312
Morehouse College | PH: 404-681-2800 | Fax: 404-681-2650