It is very much alive. Shortly after arriving on campus, I asked Steve Andrews, English/executive council, to convene and chair an ad hoc committee of students, staff, faculty, and an administrator to find out:
- what has already been done as follow-up to the climate study,
- what can and ought to be done in the immediate future, and
- what might be done over time to track the campus climate and to evaluate the results of new approaches.
The committee’s report will emphasize aligning our institutional structures and policies with our stated values and goals, including:
- the need for greater transparency, clarity, and accountability of offices and roles;
- the need for more effective mentorship and professional development of students, staff, and faculty;
- conflict resolution; and
- ways we can assess, monitor, and address campus climate issues.
I will post a link to the report later this spring when the report is complete. Meanwhile you can find more information on the Campus Climate website.