- Campus emergency notifications (e.g. student death, hate crime/bias incident reports, severe weather notification, emergency closings).
- Change in opening, break, and closing shuttles due to scheduling or inclement weather.
- Policy changes, announcements, or reminders that affect the campus community/student body (e.g. student handbook, planned water outages, parking or access changes).
- Announcements from President’s Office and Board of Trustees.
- Room Draw notifications and reminders.
- SGA election notifications.
- Academic calendar, meal plan, text book (bookstore/lending library) notifications and reminders.
- Class-year specific messages (must be approved by the Dean or VPSA).
- FERPA (know your privacy rights) sent by the Registrar.
- Messages providing instruction or direction regarding a campus wide event or program (no advertising of event).
- Messages may be approved in collaboration with SGA and/or SPARC. These must be received prior approval from the Dean of Students or VPSA and be sent from an SGA account.
- Any message reviewed and deemed appropriate by the Dean of Students or the VPSA.
MESSAGES NOT APPROVED:
- Any event promoting or advertising alcohol.
- Messages publicizing, advertising, or promoting an event (e.g. open house, lectures, Harris parties, etc.)
- Specific residence hall announcements/notifications.
- Specific course registration changes/updates.
- Information or notifications that do not apply to total enrollment, which includes OCS students, but apply only to students currently on-campus.
- Any message reviewed by the Dean of Students or the VPSA and deemed not appropriate for lyris distribution.
Please use these resources for messages not approved for lyris distribution: loggia postings, cluster emails, RLC bathroom readers, Campus Memo, Campus Calendar, Laurel Leaf, S&B, Mail Room Message Board, campus bulletin boards, etc.