Project House Application/Presentation Process
The Residence Life Committee has established the following guidelines for awarding Project Houses.
- All groups will be given equal consideration.
- Project Houses are awarded based on group presentation (how the goals/objectives will be achieved; the reason a house is needed to meet the goals/objectives; how the group (house) will be held accountable for the project). The Committee may take into account other factors before approving a house, including the members' ability to communicate, group cohesion, commitment, organization, and flexibility. All group members must be present at Project House Presentations (unless currently abroad or excused by the Residence Life Department).
PROJECT HOUSE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Completed Project House Application. All students applying for the Project House must be listed on application. All rooms/spaces must be filled the entire year.
- Signed House Contract from each house applicant.
- Project House proposal, completed application, and signed House Contracts must be received by the Residence Life & Orientation Department by the deadline indicated.
- Each proposal must include a detailed description of the house project. Please include the name of your house (project/group) and the goals/objectives of the group (house). If your group is presenting a project or idea that was a successful project house in the past, feel free to share that information as part of your presentation. However, please be sure your main focus is the goals/objectives of the project house for the upcoming academic year, and how those goals/objectives will be achieved.
During Project House deliberations, the Residence Life Committee will attempt to make a decision based on group consensus. If group consensus is not possible, the Director of Residence Life will take the Committee's opinions under advisement and make the final decision.