Street address: 1135 East Street
Mary B. James, for whom James Hall was named, was a respected and revered schoolteacher in the Grinnell community. James Hall is part of the Quadrangle on South Campus, built in 1915, which was originally home to the female students. Like all Grinnell residence halls, James is now co-ed, and students have named an annual cross-dressing ball in honor of "Mary B. James." James Hall is one of the three substance free residence halls on campus.
Residence Life Coordinator: Autumn Wilke