Thanks for your interest in Student Staff 2013-2014!
Here you will find information and application materials for the Student Adviser (SA) and Hall Wellness Coordinator (HWC) position.
- SA Postion Description
- SA Application
- HWC Position Description
- HWC Application
- Student Staff (SA and HWC) Reference Form
Student Staff Selection Information and Checklist
APPLICATION- You are asked to provide descriptive information about yourself and your thoughts in response to just a few short answer questions. Application deadline, February 8, 5pm.
REFERENCE FORM – You are asked to provide 1 reference from an individual who can talk about your ability to relate to others and manage responsibility. Although your friends may know you well and be able to speak highly of your skills and abilities, for a stronger application, we advise that references come from faculty or supervisors. Additional references, though welcome, are not necessary. Please note that since RLCs will be involved in the hiring process, they are unable to serve as references for Student Staff. Remember as well to thank your reference for taking the time to speak on your behalf! Deadline to submit reference form, February 8, 5pm.
GROUP PROCESS – SAs often work as a team and the Group Process is an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to work collaboratively. At this session you will be asked to rotate in small groups through several activities that challenge you think creatively and work together. This program is for introverts and extroverts alike, as the most successful is not always the most vocal (though we do want to hear what you have to say!). In addition to being informative, many applicants report that this program is also a lot of fun. You will be assigned to participate in one session on either Monday, February 18 or Tuesday, February 19, (7pm-9:30pm) depending on your availability as indicated on the Application form.
INDIVIDUAL INTERVIEWS – Each candidate will also have one individual interview with an RLC and current members of Student Staff. Interviews last roughly 30 minutes, and provide an opportunity for you to share your interest in the position on a more personal level. It is likely that topics such as your ideas for building community on your floor and thoughts on self gov may arise in the discussion. Interviews will be scheduled from Thursday, February 21 through Friday, March 8.
Any additional questions? Don't hesitate to ask! Email Becca Don email@example.com
Take note of the following important dates:
- Monday, January 28: Campus Leadership Fair (11am-1:30pm, JRC First Floor Lobby)
- Friday, February 8: Student Staff Application Due (5pm, Submit Online)
- Monday, February 18 OR Tuesday, February 19: Group Process A or B (7pm, ARH) Candidates are only asked to participate in one Group Process session
- Thursday February 21-Wednesday, March 6: Individual Interviews (Interviews last 30 minutes and will be in JRC 310 or RLC Offices)
- Monday, April 1: Student Staff Contract Acceptance Deadline (5pm, Submit Online)
- Wednesday, April 10: Student Staff Room Draw (8pm)
- Sunday, April 28: General Campus Room Draw (Staffed by Student Staff Members, Harris Center)
Future Training Dates (All training dates are mandatory)
- Fall Student Staff Training: Begins Thursday, August 15, 2013
- Spring Student Staff Training: Begins Wednesday, January 15, 2014