How to Report A Fire
If a burning odor or smoke is present, call the Campus Safety and Security Deparment at extension 4600 (or 911). Report the exact location of the fire and, if known, what is burning. If a fire is detected, sound the building alarm by pulling an alarm station.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- If you can help control the fire without personal danger, take action with available fire fighting equipment. If not, leave the area.
- A local alarm station will cause the alarm to sound. It does not automatically notify the Fire Department, But does notify the Campus Safety and Security Department.
- Never allow the fire to come between you and an exit.
- Remove all persons form the danger area. Close doors behind you to confine the fire.
RESPONSE TO AUDIBLE FIRE ALARMS
- If the audible alarm sounds for more than 30 seconds or starts to sound for a second time, evacuate the building immediately.
- Do not use the elevators.
- If requested, accompany and assist persons with disabilities who appear to need assistance.
- Leave all parcels and personal property inside.
- Remain approximately 100 feet from t he exits to help facilitate clear access to the building for the fire department.
- Return to the building only when instructed to do so by campus security staff, police, or fire department officials.