KIPP DC and E.L. Haynes public charter schools have joined forces to create the Capital Teaching Residency (CTR) program. CTR is an intensive year-long teacher training program based in the highest performing charter schools in Washington, DC. This highly selective program focuses on the areas of: Math and Science, Special Education, Early Childhood
KIPP DC: Capital Teaching Residency
- Summer training in a high-performing charter school
- Year-long residency in the a high-performing charter school
- Two year commitment after the residency to teach in an urban school
- Fully paid salaried position
- Healthcare provided
- Teachers are also supported with a robust professional development plan, KIPP DC-paid cell phone for student/parent calls, and a laptop computer for lesson planning and work.