MercyWorks is a faith-based volunteer program located in Chicago, IL that offers a diverse group of highly motivated women and men a unique opportunity to acquire professional experience while growing spiritually, personally and communally. Volunteers make a one year commitment to work with the children at Mercy Home. If you have a calling to share your unique gifts with a child, to live simply in a faith-based community of diverse volunteers, and can dedicate a year to service, we invite you to look closer at the MercyWorks program at Mercy Home for Boys and Girls.
- Graduating senior
- At least 21 years of age
- Willing to dedicate a year to service
- Commitment to the 5 program values: social justice, community, spirituality, simple living and professional development
- Applications are accepted on a rolling admissions basis. Priority application deadline is April 1st.
- A monthly stipend, room and board and transportation assistance
- Health and dental insurance
- Orientation, seasonal retreats, vacation time
- Professional training, mentoring, supervision and support
- Regular opportunities to deepen spirituality, including spiritual direction
- Eligibility for loan forbearance and an AmeriCorps Education Award
- Opportunity for post-service employment and possible sign-on bonus, as well as post-service education assistance
- Cultural and recreational experiences available in a world-class city