The Red Cloud Volunteer Program invites men and women to serve the Oglala Lakota people of the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation through work in Jesuit Schools and Parishes on the reservation. This program is faith based and accepts volunteers from all faiths. Red Cloud volunteers work with students of all ages at each of the three Red Cloud Schools. Volunteers serve as classroom teachers, teacher's aides, librarians, and other support staff in the schools, and also help transport Red Cloud students to and from school each day.
- By mid-March RCV has a fairly good idea of the positions available
- These positions begin to fill up as soon as the applications are interviews are reviewed
- Volunteers live in intentional community at one of three houses on the campuses of the Red Cloud School
- Volunteers receive room and board and only a modest stipend while serving
- Throughout the volunteer year, retreats and various community events help foster a sense of community and challenge the volunteers to live by the four values of the Red Cloud Program