Simon Communities offers full-time volunteer opportunities living and working in communities for a minimum of six months. During this time the volunteer works on a Simon project as a voluntary member of the staff team. The tasks are varied but on an average shift the volunteer will find themselves involved in the general household and administration duties associated with project work. The work will include advocating on behalf of people, supporting people in leisure activities and where necessary assisting people with physical needs.
- Recruits people from all walks of life and from many parts of the world
- Volunteers tend to be young people who choose to do this for a unique experience
- Look for personal qualities such as adaptability, empathy and a commitment to social justice
- Training, supervision, support, accommodation and a weekly allowance to cover personal expenses
- Living in quarters with people from various cultural backgrounds