Welcome to the Stonewall Resource Center Library!
What's in the SRC Library? Our inventory includes over 1600 books, over 100 films, and subscriptions to the leading queer publications in the nation, so come lounge and browse through our collections! Genres and topics include...
- Fiction - Poetry - Photography - Children's Books - Humor - History - AIDS - Feminism - Gender - Trans - Bisexuality - Lesbian - Gay Men - Race/Ethnicity & Sexuality - Coming Out - Education/Work/Military - Health/Sex - Queer Culture - Religion/Spirituality - Autobiography/Biography/Memoir - Politics & Activism - More!
What's new about the library this year? Lots of things! We order new materials every semester to keep our inventory up to date with current culture and the relevant interests of our patrons. If you would like to recommend any items to our library, please send us an email at [srclibrary] or write your suggestions in the designated area on the chalkboard in the SRC.
Can I help? Absolutely! Volunteer to become an SRC Monitor—our open hours depend on your time commitment, and serving as a Monitor is easy! Responsibilities include:
- Being in the SRC during your chosen shifts (typically 1-2 hours)
- Greeting people who visit the SRC introducing them to the space, and directing them towards whatever resources they seek
- Maintaining confidentiality on sensitive issues, making the SRC a safe space
- Checking in and out books to and from library patrons
- Tidying the library, lounge, and kitchen area
- Enjoying the space, the resources, the library, and the company of SRC visitors!
What if I have more questions or suggestions? Please let us know! Email us at [srclibrary] or contact the SRC staff directly.
Checking out Library Materials
- All materials must be checked out with an SRC monitor.
- Films are available for 1-week check out only and cannot be immediately renewed, since they are the most popular items in our collection and are often viewed in the lounge.
- When renting from a series, we ask that patrons only check out one disc or video of the series at a time. (For example, instead of taking "The L Word Season 1," take disc 1 or 2 of the season.) This allows more people to enjoy what we have and protects us in case of lost or overdue material.
- Before checking out or returning a DVD, please check the case to make sure the disc is there.
- Books are available for up to 3 weeks of check out and may be renewed unless they are called back by another patron.
- A patron may check out a maximum of 6 items at a time.
- Current magazines are to be enjoyed within the SRC. They cannot be checked out.
- To return materials, a patron may check them in with an SRC monitor or place them in the crate labeled, "Returned Items" next to the library door.