There is a Testing Room on the third floor of the JRC, overseen by Ann Isgrig [isgriga] or x 3702. Students with documented disabilities and testing accommodation can use the Testing Room for any of the following reasons when the faculty member doesn't have a reasonable place for the student to take the exam:
- has a testing accommodation of extended time
- has a testing accommodation of use of a computer
- has a testing accommodation of a 'distraction-reduced' environment
- has a testing accommodation of needing the test questions in auditory format
To reserve the room:
Students who want to use this space must do the following at least one week in advance of their scheduled exam.
- contact Ann Isgrig [isgriga] to ask if the room is reserved;
- provide the start time and end time of the exam;
- provide the name of the instructor and the course; and
- ask the instructor to be in touch with Ann about (1) how the exam will be delivered to her (or to the student) in time for the test and (2) any testing guidelines/rules such as use of notes, etc.
- verify with Ann and with the instructor that the arrangement has been made
The downside of using this testing room is that the student will not be in proximity of the instructor. Clearly it's best for the student to be near their professor in case he or she has a question.