Think about these questions as you prepare to talk with your adviser in August:
- What academic subjects do you want to explore? Which might you explore first?
- What kinds of goals do you have for the short- and long-term?
- How can you lay the groundwork and keep open several options for a major?
- What academic strengths do you feel you have?
- What special personal or academic qualities - such as a disability - should your adviser know about?
- What academic weaknesses do you need to address?
- What areas of study are at Grinnell that you have never explored or considered?
- What does a liberal education look like for you?
Enter conversations about course planning with an open mind. You never know which class might change your life!