Deanna is ordained in the United Church of Christ and has served in religious life and spiritual leadership in the liberal arts college communities for nearly 20 years. She has an M Div. from Yale Divinity School. Deanna enjoys engaging in the questions with her religiously and culturally diverse undergraduates and she spends her personal 'co-curricular time' gardening and continuing construction on the next phase of her children's tree house. Deanna has served as chaplain at Grinnell since 1996.
Responsible for campus religious life (multi-faith) and social justice awareness. Student Affairs contact for incidents of sexual assault and rape.
- Direct The Center for Religion, Spirituality and Social Justice
- Responsible for campus religious life (multireligious) and social justice awareness and service
- Religious and spiritual gathering and worship and student group support
- Christian worship and Bible study, theological debate and discussion
- Confidential counseling and conversations, protected by professional ethics, law and college policy
- Consulting/Planning social justice projects/issues - including the supervision of the Community Meal
- Coordinating Community Service Federal Work-Study Program
- Advisor for religious vocation graduate study