Student Activity Fund
The Student Activity Fund is administered through the Office of Student Affairs. This fund has been established to support student initiated events and activities. The fund is intended to provide students with another avenue to acquire funds to produce an event/activity, travel to organized competitions, present a paper at a professional conference, etc. This fund is not intended to become a fund that provides a regular operating budget for organizations within a specific year nor in the long term. It is to be noted that there are two operational budgets already under the general umbrella of this budget. These two budgets were pulled from other places and simply housed under the Student Activity Fund budget for administration purposes only.
- Travel for academic purposes to attend and/or present an academic paper at a professional conference will be limited to a maximum of $500 per single conference. There will be a maximum of 20% of the total Student Activity Fund that will be allotted for such expenditures in any given budget year. Students must directly apply for funding. Students using funds for this reason will be required, upon return from the trip, to provide some form of program with the campus community about what was gained/learned from the experience.
- Funds used to attend group organized competitions will be limited to a maximum of $500 per single competition. There will be a maximum of 20% of the total Student Activity Fund that will be allotted for such expenditures in any given budget year. Students must directly apply for funding.
- All other requests will be based on their own merit and based on the information submitted on the application and availability of funds. The application requires some general information, a slightly more detailed explanation for the request and a detailed budget. All requests for more than $500 will be reviewed by a committee. The committee will be made up of staff and at least one student.
- Requests will not be accepted before the official start (first day of classes) of the fall semester.
- Funds will not be allocated for expenses incurred and/or paid out prior to approval for funds; in other words, funds will not be used retroactively.
- Funds are allocated for and must be used within the current fiscal year only.
- Funds will not be used to refund/purchase any alcohol or tobacco products.
- Funds will not be used to fund political affiliated events/activities, parties, publications, or faculty/staff programming and/or travel.
|The Process||Budget Request Form|