Every student room is equipped with a private telephone. In addition to the phones located in a student’s room, there are telephones scattered throughout the hallways of the residence halls, as well as four outdoor emergency phone boxes (located in the James loggia, Smith loggia, outside of the JRC by Younker Hall, and at the College outdoor track).
- Police: 911, Non Emergency Dispatch Center: 7-623-5679, or Office 7-236-2670 Ext (2)
- Division of Student Affairs: x3700
- Hospital: 911 or 7-236-2380
- Student Health and Counseling Services (SHACS): x3230
- Fire: 911 or 7-236-2655
- Poweshiek County Mental Health Center (PCMHC): 7-236-6137
- Campus Safety and Security : x4600
- JaMaLand RLC: x3435
- Smounker RLC: x4200
- bEast RLC: x9871
- Clangrala RLC: x4110
- LooseHead RLC: x3761
- CaNaDa RLC: x4110
- RLC on call: x4600
A Residence Life Coordinator and a Student Affairs dean are on-call and available 24 hours day, 7 days a week (while school is in session) to respond to student emergencies. Call the Campus Safety and Security Office at ext. 4600 (641-269-4600) to request to speak with the on-call Residence Life Coordinator.