Grinnell, by the Numbers
- About 1,600 students
- 9:1 student/faculty ratio
- Over 500 course offerings every semester
- Most classes have fewer than 20 students
- 26 majors, 11 concentrations
- 3,000 internship opportunities in the United States and abroad
- Burling Library contains 1 million books and documents
- 500+ free events each year
- 200+ student organizations
- One-third of students engage in varsity athletics
A campus visit is one of the best ways to decide whether Grinnell is a good fit for you! For the most productive visit to campus, we recommend prospective students and their families attend an information session followed by a campus tour, each of which will last about an hour. Additional visit activities, such as a class visit or lunch with a current student, will extend your time on campus. Visit activities are limited during examination periods, breaks, and holidays.
In addition to other financial aid options, competitive scholarships can help you afford college. Grants and scholarships form the largest part of our financial aid funds. The Grinnell Trustee Honor Scholarship is awarded based on outstanding academic achievement. It is renewable (at the initial amount) for three additional years provided a cumulative GPA of 2.75 is maintained. You will automatically be considered for merit aid. No application is needed other than a complete Admission application. Note: transfer applicants are not eligible for scholarships.