The Sociology Book Award is awarded annually to the sociology junior who has the highest GPA by the Grinnell sociology department.
Calendar Customer Code:
The APSA Minority Fellowship Program offers scholarships for students in underrepresented groups applying for doctoral programs in Political Science and an interest in teaching.
For more information, please visit their website.
Joseph F. Wall '41 Scholarship
- The Fund for American Studies--policy, political journalism, business and government affairs and legal studies programs for undergraduates
- REUs in Social and Behavioral Sciences sponsored by the NSF--government sponsored research opportunities for undergraduates
Specifics of a MAP in Sociology
- As MAP topics are driven by faculty research, they are decided by faculty and announced with directions for how to apply in Februrary.
- In the Social Studies Division, MAPs are competitive and hence require considerable preparation.
WHEN IS THE RIGHT TIME TO DO A MAP?
- These mentoring opportunities are intended to be advanced, the culmination of a plan of study, and a demonstration of strong student initiative.