Students in Monty Roper’s Practicing Anthropology class put theory into practice with community service organizations in Grinnell.
Dylan Fisher ’14 reflects on his summer's work—an anthropology mentored advanced project on farming families in the Grinnell area.
Toby Austin ’14's Crow Canyon internship—analyzing artifacts, instructing lab participants, and helping PBS's Time Team America.
Caulkins & anthro majors watch UK City of Culture celebrations in Derry-Londonderry during multiyear study of regeneration.
What happens when languages collide? Students explore the small and large effects of language contact.
Senior Thesis Guidelines
Semester before thesis semester:
- Contact a potential thesis advisor.
- Four double-spaced page proposal due to advisor by date determined by department.
- Final draft due to the department by date determined by the department.
- Beginning of pre-registration: department decision on proposal
- Beginning of semester: consultations with first and second faculty supervisors
- Mid-term: begin writing
The Student Educational Policy Committee (SEPC) develops social events within the department for the students and faculty, gathers student input for reviews of the faculty, and in general tries to make the Anthropology major interesting and fun.
ANTHSEPC is open to all Anthropology Majors.