Iowa Private College Week

August 5 - 9, 2013

Iowa Private College Week (IPCW) is a week-long program for independent Iowa colleges and universities to invite prospective students and their families from any state or region to explore their campuses. It's a great time for prospective students to learn about the academic and social opportunities offered, and to meet with faculty, coaches, students, and staff.

On-Campus Visits

A campus visit is one of the best ways to decide whether Grinnell is a good fit for you! For the most productive visit to campus, we recommend prospective students and their families attend an information session followed by a campus tour, each of which will last about an hour. Additional visit activities, such as a class visit or lunch with a current student, will extend your time on campus. Visit activities are limited during examination periods, breaks, and holidays.  


In addition to other financial aid options, competitive scholarships can help you afford college. Grants and scholarships form the largest part of our financial aid funds. The Grinnell Trustee Honor Scholarship is awarded based on outstanding academic achievement. It is renewable (at the initial amount) for three additional years provided a cumulative GPA of 2.75 is maintained. You will automatically be considered for merit aid.  No application is needed other than a complete Admission application.  Note: transfer applicants are not eligible for scholarships.

Transfer Applicants

U.S. Transfer Students

To complete your transfer application, submit the following by the fall or spring transfer deadline:

  • The Common Application: All forms, including the Registrar's Report are available at Common Application.  

If you graduated from high school more than one year ago, you do not need to submit the Secondary School Report form.

International Applicants

Apply as an international student only if you are not a U.S. citizen and do not hold U.S. permanent residency (a green card). If you are a U.S. citizen or hold permanent residency (green card), apply as a domestic student, regardless of where you physically reside.  

We use the Common Application. We encourage you to apply early, and please contact us if you have questions about the application process.

You will need the items listed below to complete your application.


Subscribe to RSS - Enrollment