Back by popular demand: More Drupal Intro Training. We scheduled this training on a weekend so students could attend, but faculty and staff are also welcome. The more, the merrier.
Date: Saturday, February 7
Time: 10am-12pm (Intro/Standards), 1pm-2:30pm (Hands On)
This will be the last intro training for a while, so please come
. Students: If you want to get paid to do Drupal work, send us your name and email and we'll pass it on to interested Offices and Departments.
Offices and Departments: If you want student help, let us know and we'll forward you said list of students.
Sign up by emailing webguys[at]grinnell[dot]edu before Friday, February 5 at noon.
See you then!
It takes a lot of people doing a lot of work to make an institution like Grinnell College run. We're all busy.
This can make it hard to get help from other people who are just as busy. as you Similarly, it's hard for the Web Guys to offer you help that fits in both your and our schedules.
This line of thought brought us to make the Training Request Form.
It takes just a few seconds to use and it helps us know who needs training for what when. Best of all, you can get to it from any page in the Help Section because it's in the menu over there:
If clicking isn't your thing, type in "http://www.grinnell.edu/help/request-training" in your browser and you're ready to request some help.
Here's a list of all the types of training you can request:
- Basic Training - Get started with Drupal and get your user id.
- Restart - Been awhile since you last used Drupal? Get a refresher on the basics.
- Accessibility - Learn how to make your web pages, pdfs, and other documents accessible, and why it's so important.
- Open Support Session - Join other editors working on your site's pages alongside power users and webguys who can answer your questions.
- Advanced Content Types - Learn how to use Event/Event Series, Publications, People, and multimedia content types to spice up your pages and/or save you time and frustration.
- Site Management - Learn how to streamline your pages, whip your content into shape, fix menus, and find the right words to help your users find what they're looking for.
- Best Practices - Learn tips and tricks to help you save time, reduce frustration and get the result you expect.
- Other - Want something we don't normally offer? Describe it below and we'll see what we can do for you.
Any time a critical mass of one of these trainings is reached, we'll find a time to schedule training so you can make the changes to the website that you need to make. The Web Guys love this because it means we'll never walk into an empty classroom and lose an hour of our day.
Improving the Help Section
Besides requesting a training, you can also request improvements or additions to the Help Section of the site.
Remember, chances are if you need something, other people do too. Requesting an addition to the Help Section will help others!
For those of us not taking time off during spring break, it at least provides a chance to take a deep breath, enjoy the spring weather, and catch up on those pesky tasks we've been meaning to do for ages.
The Web Guys are offering an open help session for anyone with Drupal work to catch up on. Even if you don't need our help for anything in particular, the help sessions provide a great chance to spend uninterrupted time on your website, and the you'll have people standing by to help you with any problems that arise.
To sign up, send rootwile[at]grinnell[dot]edu an email. We can't wait to see you there!
Friday, March 26
Forum Training Room