Grinnell, by the Numbers
- About 1,600 students
- 9:1 student/faculty ratio
- Over 500 course offerings every semester
- Most classes have fewer than 20 students
- 26 majors, 11 concentrations
- 3,000 internship opportunities in the United States and abroad
- Burling Library contains 1 million books and documents
- 500+ free events each year
- 200+ student organizations
- One-third of students engage in varsity athletics
ASP Application Deadlines
Fall Semester: Aug. 1
Spring Semester: Jan. 1
Important! ASP applications may be due earlier at area high schools. Check with your high school for internal deadlines.
You’ve applied and been accepted. Congratulations! We invite you to experience Grinnell’s endless possibilities at one of our admitted student programs, designed specifically for you.
Over the course of two days, you’ll have the chance to:
An exceptional academic experience
Campus visits are one of the best ways to decide if Grinnell is right for you. Tour campus; talk to current students, faculty, and staff; eat in the dining hall; drop in on a class; and more. Schedule your campus visit for the best experience. See Getting to Grinnell for maps and directions. If you can’t make it to campus, check to see if you can learn more from Grinnell visits in your area.
We’re looking for applicants who have sought challenge and excelled academically, done well on standardized tests, and demonstrated commitment to activities beyond the classroom. We use the Common Application with a Grinnell Supplement, and strongly encourage you to apply online — we’ll waive the application fee if you do. We encourage you to apply early, and please contact us if you have questions about the application process.