Tuition Payment Plan
Grinnell College understands that sometimes you need some help managing your tuition bill. That's why we offer the Grinnell College tuition payment plan administered by Sallie Mae®. Payment plans are convenient, manageable payment solutions that give you the option to pay tuition in interest-free monthly installments, rather than one lump sum. Tuition payment plans offer:
OFFICIAL HOLIDAY DATE OF HOLIDAY DAY OFF
Independence Day Thursday, July 4 Thursday, July 4, 2013
Labor Day Monday, September 2 Monday, September 2, 2013
Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 28 Thursday, November 28, 2013
Day after Thanksgiving Friday, November 29 Friday, November 29, 2013
Excellence in Education for Students in the Liberal Arts
- varied forms of learning, in and out of the classroom and beyond the campus
- creative and critical thinking stimulated by the free, open exchange of ideas
- education that reflects on its own process
- excellent teaching as the highest priority of the faculty
- active scholarship in traditional and interdisciplinary fields
- need-blind admission of students with strong academic potential
A Diverse Community
Unemployment Compensation Insurance The state of Iowa's unemployment compensation law requires that all employees are provided with unemployment compensation insurance coverage.
For additional questions about these benefits, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 269-4818. Questions via email may be directed to any of the following staff members:
Stacy Koehler, Associate Director of Human Resources (koehlers[at]grinnell[dot]edu)
- Investment accounts provided through TIAA-CREF.
- Grinnell College contributes 10% of employee's annual salary/wage.
- Eligibility to participate is in the month following one year of employment or the first plan entry date if previously fully vested in an employer sponsored retirement plan. Employee must work at least 1000 hours per year to receive this benefit.
- Student jobs on campus are funded by Grinnell College and the Federal Government. Grinnell offers jobs first to students with demonstrated financial need, however, many jobs are available on campus for students without demonstrated financial need. Students who work eight or nine hours a week can expect to earn about $2,200 during the academic year.
Each semester we hire four or five students as writing lab managers. Each works one more full morning or afternoon shift and helps us maintain an effective and efficient operation.
Notice will appear in the Campus Memo when we are hiring. If you wish to apply, please complete the application form below.
Grinnell College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to employing highly qualified staff which reflects the diversity of the nation. No applicant shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, creed, or disability.