Admission & Aid
Please see the Apply for Aid page for a description of the overall financial aid application process.
Student and Parent Loan Instructions
Federal Perkins Loan, Grinnell College Loan, & Henry Strong Loan
ECSI, Grinnell's loan servicer, will correspond with you beginning in early July (or when your award has been finalized, whichever is later) with instructions for completing a promissory note.
Grinnell, by the Numbers
- About 1,600 students
- 9:1 student/faculty ratio
- Over 500 course offerings every semester
- Most classes have fewer than 20 students
- 26 majors, 11 concentrations
- 3,000 internship opportunities in the United States and abroad
- Burling Library contains 1 million books and documents
- 500+ free events each year
- 200+ student organizations
- One-third of students engage in varsity athletics
Grinnell College offers a full range of financial aid opportunities to international students and we are committed to providing affordable education to students from around the world.
Admission to Grinnell is highly selective, and the competition for financial aid is more competitive as the applicant’s demonstrated financial need increases. Students who demonstrate academic excellence and who maintain active cocurricular involvement are especially attractive to our admissions committee, regardless of financial need.
ASP Application Deadlines
Fall Semester: Aug. 1
Spring Semester: Jan. 1
Important! ASP applications may be due earlier at area high schools. Check with your high school for internal deadlines.