You are here
James E Swartz
Dack Professor of Chemistry
- Director of the 1995-1997 and 2005-2008 Noyce Science Center Renovation and Expansion Projects.
- Dean of the College and Vice President of Academic Affairs, 1998-2008.
- Chair of the Science Division, 1990-1994.
- Legislative Aide in the Washington D.C. office of Representative Claudine Schneider of Rhode Island, Aug-Dec 1989.
- Member, Board of the American Council of Academic Deans.
- Councilor, Council on Undergraduate Research.
- Member, Iowa Energy Center Advisory Council.
- Consultant-Evaluator for the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education for the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Consultant to over twenty colleges and universities in the planning of science facilities and curriculum development.
- Coordinator and presenter, several Project Kaleidoscope Facilities Workshops.
- Co-author of a book on planning undergraduate science facilities.
- RALCO Video: Right Click on the link, choose "Save Link As" or "Save Target As" to save the video file to your local computer; play the video from your saved file.
- Presentations: Project Kaleidoscope - Associated Colleges of the Midwest - Faculty Career Enhancement. (A Decade and a Half of Efforts in Science Education, Five Tales)
- Facilities Planning
- Presentation to Humanities and Social Studies Divisions of Grinnell College, December 2008. (Planning for Improved Academic Facilities)
Department Chair, Chemistry
Work with Project Kaleidoscope
Grinnell, IA 50112United States
Education / Degrees:
Postdoctoral Fellow, Cal Tech (Fred Anson) Ph.D., University of California at Santa Cruz B.S., Stanislaus State College, California
CHM 129L General Chemistry Lab CHM 221 Organic Chemistry I with Lab CHM 222 Organic Chemistry II with Lab TEC 215 Solar Energy Technologies
Primary Academic Interest:
Mechanisms of reactions of radicals and radical anions