In order to host approved events at Grinnell you must complete the following steps.
Consult the campus Alcohol and Event Hosting Policies.
Reserve the lounge where you wish to hold the event.
Please note that lounge reservations for events with alcohol need to be completed by 5 p.m. on the Friday one full week prior to your event. (Alcohol agreements are also due at this time).
To reserve a lounge or kitchen:
- Go to the campus calendar.
- Select "Locations" from the top menu.
- Select "Residence Hall Lounges and Kitchens" on the Filters menu. You will see a list of reservable lounges, as well as when the are free or busy.
- Confirm that the lounge is free for the time you'd like. If it isn't, find a different location or time that is free.
- Select "My Requests" from the top menu.
- Log in using your calendar username and password. If you don't have a calendar username and password, contact Conference Operations and Events to request one.
- Complete and submit your reservation request.
Complete the Alcohol and Event Hosting Agreement online.
For events with 21 or more guests, completed Alcohol Agreements are due 5 p.m. the Friday one full week prior.
For events with 20 or fewer guests, complete by 5 p.m. the Wednesday prior.
In order to provide a wrap up of the event, hosts are asked to meet with Bailey Jimisson briefly in person within the week following the event. The scheduling for this appointment is now included as part of the Alcohol and Event Hosting Agreement form.
Please email Bailey with any questions.