Primary Health Care Mobile Services and Shuttle Services Available
Primary Health Care now offers visiting mobile clinic services in Grinnell along with a shuttle to Primary Health Care's Marshalltown Clinic.
Available reproductive health care services include:
- Annual reproductive exams (all genders)
- Contraceptive management (all methods available, including LARCs such as IUD and Nexplanon)
- Reproductive life planning
- STD testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing
- Other problems related to sexual health - yeast infection, UTI, etc.
Easier access to affordable, confidential, high quality reproductive health care services given the 2016 closure of the Central Iowa Family Planning Clinic in Grinnell.
Grinnell Monday Mobile Clinic
- Selected Monday afternoons (3–7 p.m.)
- Location: Light Center for Community Health, 306 4th Ave, Grinnell, IA, 641-236-2385
Saturday Marshalltown Shuttle
- Saturday Marshalltown Clinic dates with transportation to/from Grinnell.
- Grinnell Departure: The Primary Health Care Van (gray 2016 Chevy Equinox) will pick-up in Grinnell at 9 a.m., with departure no later than 9:10 a.m.
- Grinnell Return: The Primary Health Care Van will depart Marshalltown at noon, arriving in Grinnell by 1 p.m.
- Pick-up and drop-off will be at the Drake Community Library (Park Street side) in Grinnell.
- Primary Health Care Clinic Van is a gray 2016 Chevy Equinox.
- Driver will have a Primary Health Care Photo ID nametag.
To Make an Appointment
For Grinnell Mobile Clinic and Marshalltown Clinic appointments:
Call the Marshalltown Primary Health Care Medical Clinic at 641-753-4021 and tell the receptionist that you are a Grinnell Family Planning Patient.
For Marshalltown Appointments:
- If you are using the shuttle to Marshalltown: Dedicated appointments for Grinnell shuttle patients will be available from 10 a.m.–noon on the specified shuttle dates listed. Please tell the receptionist that you will be arriving in the shuttle and would like an appointment during this time frame.
- If you have your own transportation: Patients with their own transportation can schedule Monday through Friday during normal clinic hours (8 a.m.–8 p.m.) or on the first or third Saturday from 9 a.m.–1 p.m.
- If you do NOT have your own transportation or can't make Saturday options work: Additional shuttle options may be available on an as needed/as available basis. Please tell the receptionist you have transportation problems and the receptionist will help you with options.
For More Information
For more information about services, transportation, or appointments, please contact Primary Health Care, 641-753-4021.