Ignite connects campus and community with a day of learning and discovery, providing elementary students with a meaningful, educational experience in a liberal arts environment. Ignite is committed to providing a free, student-led, extracurricular program focused on academics, open to all children in the community and surrounding areas.
Ignite goals include:
- Increasing access to enrichment activities for students from all socioeconomic, social, and ability groups.
- Familiarizing students with a college campus in order to create a comfort with higher education as a way to develop college readiness in the future.
- Encouraging interest and providing exposure to subjects and concepts that children might not normally experience.
- Providing opportunities for Grinnell College students to develop public speaking skills, teach courses, collaborate, and know that they are making a difference in the lives of local students.
- Creating meaningful connections between the College and community.