Events and Programs
The Faulconer Gallery is currently closed for installation.
- BAX Opening Reception
- April 7, 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Join us for refreshments and the awarding of prizes by juror Tameka Norris (aka Meka Jean), Grant Wood Fellow and visiting assistant professor, University of Iowa.
- Yoga in the Gallery with Monica St. Angelo
- Mondays and Thursdays, April 10 – May 18, 12:15 – 12:50 p.m.
- Enjoy a 30-minute yoga practice, including warming and invigorating poses and a final period of relaxation. All levels welcome. Mats provided. Co-sponsored by Live Well Grinnell.
- 20 Minutes @ 11 with Hai-Dang Phan
- April 11, 11 a.m.
- Hai-Dang Phan, assistant professor of English, will respond to photographs by Robert Hodierne, helping the audience look at them more closely and consider them through an interdisciplinary lens.
- Concert: Fresh Flutes
- April 20, 7:30 p.m.
- Under the direction of Claudia Anderson
- Harp Recital
- April 26, 7 p.m.
- Under the direction of Kristin Maahs
- Gallery Talk: "Young and Hungry: A Freelance Photographer in Vietnam"
- April 27, 4 p.m.
- Robert Hodierne, ’68 will talk about what took him to Vietnam in 1966 and again in 1969, and his experiences photographing every major American military unit in the war. His exhibition documents fighting from the mountains of the central highlands, to the swampy southern Mekong Delta, to the border with what was then North Vietnam. He will connect these early experiences with his career as a photojournalist working amid conflicts around the world.
- Reception for Robert Hodierne ’68
- April 27, 5 p.m.
- Refreshments will be served.