Official Transcripts are ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse, processed on site at Grinnell College and sent via the United States Postal Service or overnighted by FED-EX. We do not provide electronic Official Transcripts.
The cost is $6 per transcript using a major credit card (additional overnight fees apply: domestic $30/ international $65 per address). Credit cards will only be charged after the order has been completed. Normal processing time is 2 to 3 working days after the request is received. During peak work times, holiday breaks and end-of-term activities the processing time may be extended.
Questions concerning transcripts should be directed to the Registrar's Office (registrar[at]grinnell[dot]edu). Transcripts are released only after all financial obligations to Grinnell College have been met.
Current Students on Campus or Leave
1. Login to Pioneer Web
2. Select Course Areas & Acad Info tab
3. Look under the heading Registrar - Dates, Policies, Forms
4. Click on Order a Transcript
If you do not have a social security number, please order your transcript using the link to the National Student Clearinghouse: http://www.mystudentcenter.org
Medical School Applicants should include in "special instructions": "Include Biology Genetics Letter."
Transcripts sent to your campus PO box do not need overnight service as transcripts are processed on site at Grinnell College.
Alumni and Former Students
1. Click the National Student Clearinghouse link
2. Click Order a Transcript Now! link
Medical school applicants should include in "special instructions": "Include Biology Genetics Letter."
Unofficial transcripts can be requested in the following ways at no charge:
1. Current students on campus will need to stop at the Registrar's Office in the John Chrystal Center with their P-card to get an unofficial transcript.
2. Current students off-campus, alumni and former students should submit an Unofficial Transcript form.The request form must have the student's signature as authorization to release the transcript. Unofficial Transcripts may be received by mail, fax or emailed as a PDF. Request forms may be sent to the Office of the Registrar in one of the following ways:
Office of the Registrar
1103 Park Street
Grinnell, IA 50112-1690
b. FAX: 641-269-4937
c. E-mail a pdf attachment: registrar[at]grinnell[dot]edu
Diplomas may be replaced only in the event the original is lost, stolen or damaged. The fee for a replacement diploma is $50.00 and takes 4 to 6 weeks for processing and delivery. We do not keep copies of diplomas on file. To order a replacement diploma, contact the Registrar's Office and ask that a Diploma Replacement Request form be sent to you.