Following are contact numbers for providers of primary health and mental health care and services in Grinnell. This list does not constitute recommendation or endorsement of any of these providers. For information about specialists, dental care providers, and providers and services in other central Iowa locations, please contact Student Health and Counseling Services at 641-269-3230.
Gallager Student Health provides Grinnell College student health insurance coverage information.
- Melanie Heto, PsyD: 515-346-8808
- Bridget Baechtel, LISW: 641-236-4323
- Davis Psychological Services: 641-236-0632
- Healthy Homes Family Services: 641-236-0273
- Kun-Hong Lu, LISW: 641-236-8811
- Midwest Counseling, 641-236-1644
- Jacquie Perman: 641-812-2990
- Jeff Wells, LMFT, CADC: 641-236-4680
- Capstone, Grinnell Campus: 641-260-8270
Mobile Clinic for Reproductive Health
Primary Health Care of Marshatown offers a mobile reporoductive health clinic the first and third Mondays of the month from 3-7 p.m. The mobile bus is located at the Light Center for Community Health, 306 4th Ave, Grinnell, IA. To schedule an appointment call the Marshalltown Primary Health Care Medical Clinic at 641-753-4021 and tell the receptionist that you are a Grinnell Family Planning patient.
Services covered are:
- Annual reproductive exams (all genders),
- Contraceptive management (all methods available, including LARCs such as IUD and Nexplanon),
- Reproductive life planning,
- STD testing and treatment,
- Pregnancy testing,
- Other problems related to sexual health - yeast infection, UTI, etc.
- Family Medicine: 641-236-6740
- Ryan Dahlby-Albright, MD
- Laura Ferguson, MD
- Grinnell Family Care: 641-236-7524
- Theresa Coon, MD
- Lisa James, ARNP
- J.R. Paulson, MD
- Grinnell Regional Family Practice: 641-236-2500
- Jacob Boyer, PA-C
- Roy Doorenbos, MD
- Kristin Phelps, PA-C
- Michelle Rebelsky, MD
- Katelyn Van Wyk, PA-C
- Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- Switchboard: 641-236-7511
- ER: 641-236-2380
If it is determined that a student is too ill to remain on campus but does not require full hospitalization, he/she/they may be referred to the SubAcute Care Program at Grinnell Regional Medical Center (GRMC). Students are referred to the SubAcute Care Program by a physician in consultation with our Medical Director Dr. Laura Ferguson or our Director Deb Shill, R.N.
In the SubAcute Care Program, students stay at GRMC overnight and receive limited nursing care and meals, provided by GRMC staff, at no cost. All other expenses, including lab work, physician visits, physical therapy, and prescribed medication, will be billed to you.