Gender, Women's, and Sexuality Studies Courses
The major in gender, women’s, and sexuality studies requires the following:
- Introduction to Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies (GWS 111)
- Theory and Methodology in Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies (GWS 249 - only offered fall semester)
- Five courses (20 credits) from at least three of the four thematic rubrics listed below:
- Sexuality and Queer Studies
- Cross-Cultural and Transnational Approaches
- Literary Criticism and Visual Culture
- Political/Philosophical/Historical/Social Analyses
- At least two of these five courses (or 8 credits) must be at the 300-level
- Senior Seminar in Gender, Women’s, and Sexuality Studies (GWS 495 - only offered spring semester)
Please consult the Course Schedule, available online at the Registrar’s homepage, for complete course information, including course descriptions, and days/times of course offerings.
**Faculty who would like to submit a new GWSS Course Proposal, please go to the GWSS GrinnellShare site.