- Students should understand roles of computers in today’s society.
- Students should be able to apply relevant principles in the solving of some common problems.
- Students should be able to collaborate on team-based projects.
- Graduates should be competent in solving problems using several paradigms of computer science, including imperative, object-oriented, and functional programming.
- Graduates should understand fundamental principles in all core areas of computer science (algorithms, programming languages, theory of computation, systems, software development methodology).
- Graduates should be able to apply fundamental principles in the solving of substantial problems.
- Graduates should be able to work effectively in team-based development projects.
- Graduates should be able to communicate ideas effectively both orally and in written form.
- Graduates should find that they have had appropriate undergraduate preparation leading toward satisfying careers.