Spanish Learning Outcomes
Spanish majors will develop skills in the following areas
- Synthesize ideas from primary & secondary (critical & theoretical) texts.
- Assume full responsibility for following and contributing to the exchange of ideas in discussions spanning multiple class meetings.
- Master discipline-specific norms of argumentation and evaluate one’s own & others’ ideas with respect to them.
- Relate course content to issues of concern across linguistic, cultural & disciplinary boundaries.
- Develop a working knowledge of the historical, social, political, cultural & intellectual contexts that give rise to varied forms of cultural expression.
- Make informed connections between these contexts and those informing one’s own work as a scholar and citizen.
- Learn where & how to locate contextual knowledge needed to achieve an informed reading of discipline-specific primary texts.
- Locate, evaluate & incorporate multiple secondary texts in at least one piece of researched writing using discipline-specific databases, research methods & standards of citation.