- Obtain approval to apply to your first- or second-choice program.
- Due: Monday, December 9, 2016. Approval notification: February 15, 2017
- The new online application process will open during fall break on October 14, 2016.
- Notifications of approval will be sent on February 15, 2017.
More Information on Step One
Search the database of approved programs.
- Off-Campus Study Program Application: Apply to the OCS program approved by Grinnell in Step One.
- Due date: Depends on program. A date will be indicated in your approval notification in step one and set earlier than the actual deadline to give you an advantage in the rolling admission process. Fall program due dates are normally in March or April and spring dates in September or October.
- The program acceptance rate for Grinnell students averages 99%. If you are not admitted, the OCS Office will help you find an acceptable alternative.
Every year, Grinnell-in-London and Grinnell-in-Washington (not in operation for Fall 2016 or 2017) have a one-step application due February 1, 2017. Notifications of approval will be on February 15, 2017.