- Do you want to make a difference by serving others and solving complex business issues?
- Do you enjoy learning about business and finance topics and want to explore possible careers in the business world?
- Do you want to influence the business world on a large scale, but don't know how to begin your career in a powerful way?
If so, you may want to explore the Business and Finance Career Community, which prepares students for careers in the diverse and fast-changing business and finance sector.
Launched in 2017, the Business and Finance Career Community offers an innovative approach to career development. More than just a series of jobs one holds over the course of their lifetime, a career is a blend of one's professional, personal, and civic aspirations. The Business and Finance Career Community builds on the liberal arts foundation at Grinnell to give you a competitive edge in your professional development as you prepare for a career in a business-related profession, building field-specific knowledge and enhancing professional and job-seeking skills.
Have a combination of interests and skills? Students are also encouraged to build collaborations between the CLS's Career Communities. Possible intersections include jobs in international policy (Business and Finance + Government and Social Service), educational think tanks (Business and Finance + Education), and producing/development (Business and Finance + Arts, Media, and Communications).
The Business and Finance Career Community provides opportunities including:
- One-on-one, student-centered advising from a community director with professional experience in business and finance
- Employer site visits and career treks around the country
- Business-related speaker events, symposia, and panels
- Industry exploration and skill-building workshops, seminars, and short courses
- Interview days with employers in specific cities
- Experiential learning opportunities, including internships and externships
- Access to professional networks of experienced alumni and potential employers
- On-campus and global networking and recruiting events
Want to take an active role in shaping the course of the Business and Finance Career Community? Every year, students can apply to become community leaders. These students work with and advise the community director as he develops and implements meaningful work-related experiences, both on-campus and off, for students and early career alumni. Student leaders get added perks, such as a guaranteed spot on treks they help plan, exclusive opportunities with visiting Business and Finance speakers, and advanced mentoring.
Additional information about the Buisness and Finance Career Community is available on GrinnellShare (secure login required).