The First-Year Advising Program is your entry point to the Center for Careers, Life, and Service.
As an incoming first-year or transfer student, you are assigned an exploratory adviser from the advising and exploration team. This adviser aims to:
- Assist you in identifying your values, interests, and strengths
- Encourage intentional, personal, academic, civic, and career exploration
- Connect you with resources, services, and programs
- Help you create action steps towards short- and long-term goals
- Build rapport to establish and trusting, personable, and mutually respectful relationship
As part of the First-Year Advising Program, you can expect proactive engagement from your exploratory adviser, including:
- An introductory email before you arrive on campus
- A personal introduction during New Student Orientation
- Individual advising appointments
- Workshops in your tutorial class
- Email communication with resources, events, and programs
We look forward to partnering with you as you create, test, and validate your personal, academic, civic, and professional goals!