National, Merit-Based Awards
- Beinecke Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship
- Carnegie Junior Fellowship
- Churchill Scholarship
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Fulbright Grants
- Gates Scholarship
- Gilman Scholarship
- Goldwater Scholarship
- Marshall Scholarship
- Mitchell Scholarship
- Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Schwarzman Scholarship
- Soros Fellowship for New Americans
- Truman Scholarship
- Udall Scholarship
- Watson Fellowship
- Lori Ann Schwab ’95 Prize for Community Service: The Lori Ann Schwab ’95 Prize for Community Service is a $1500 award given annually by Grinnell College to recognize a senior student's service to the campus and local community during their time here.
- President’s Medal: the highest honor Grinnell College gives to students; the award, conferred at Commencement, recognizes the one member of the senior class who most closely represents the “ideal Grinnell student.” By nomination only.
- Stouffer Fellowship: established by Elsie Stouffer ’24, an approximately $18,000 fellowship that provides funding for graduate study. All senior women who are fluent in French, Spanish, or Portuguese and who are committed to a career in public service in Latin America may apply. The award money need not be used immediately after graduating from Grinnell.
Many scholarships and fellowships require US citizenship or residency. Below are several resources to assist Grinnell's international students who seek merit-based funding.
Please see the Scholarships for International Students, which lists approximately 100 opportunities that accept applications from international students. (Thanks to members of the National Association of Fellowships Advisors, who assembled the opportunities on this list)
Databases and Other Resources
- International Education Financial Aid
- International Scholarship Search
- Institute for International Education's "Funding for US Study"
- Scholarships for Development
Fischlowitz International Student Travel Fellowship
Grinnell's international students should also be aware of the Fischlowitz International Student Travel Fellowship, which provides $5,000 for one international student to explore the US each summer.