- All College-sponsored international and domestic travel (outbound and inbound) is suspended through May 15.
- Individuals may petition to request essential College-sponsored domestic travel (contact Heather Cox with petitions for exceptions).
- This travel restriction includes group travel such as musical, athletic, and alternative break trips. Information about possible reimbursements for impacted students, faculty, and staff is forthcoming.
Individual Travel for Faculty and Staff
- Personal international travel is strongly discouraged.
- We emphatically urge caution and judgment for your personal domestic travel.
- If you are currently traveling or planning to travel, you are required to register your travel.
In an ongoing effort to keep all members of our campus community safe, we are asking employees to register any personal travel between now and May 15, 2020 with the College or confirm that no travel is planned at this time. A response is required by each faculty and staff member.
This information will be used by supervisors, HR and SHAW leadership, and planning team members to:
- Assess the potential requirement for self-isolation upon return from domestic or international travel
- Develop remote work or return-to-work plans
Employees must include in the itinerary the places they will be traveling to and through (including airport layovers, anticipated stops en route, etc.). Employees should as specific as possible, including: cities/municipalities, states/provinces, countries. Please note that requirements to self-isolate may change daily based on guidance from local and state agencies, or the CDC, and each travel itinerary will be assessed on a case by case basis.
Employees may access this link again in the future to register additional travel.
Employees who must travel for a personal emergency and may be unable to complete the registry prior to departure must contact their supervisor before returning to campus to assess travel risks.
We encourage faculty and staff to use the resources listed on the College’s COVID-19 Response site as well as local health authorities in your area of travel, to inform travel decisions.