Beginning June 2, the College will no longer require COVID-19 tests on a regular basis (surveillance testing). Onboarding for summer students who are not vaccinated will still require two negative tests. Students who are symptomatic may obtain appropriate testing and medical attention via SHAW. Contact SHAW at 641-269-3230 to connect with a nurse. Additionally, testing is available through Hy-Vee and at-home rapid antigen tests are available through retailers such as Walmart.
Health varies for each person. SHAW works to provide each individual with the support they need based on their personal health. The support they provide is based on guidance from CDC, etymologist consultants, and medical best practices. Review the Testing Protocol PDF Diagram; which outlines the process for those that test positive and have symptoms, those that test positive and do not have symptoms, and those that have been exposed to a positive student.
Those with positive results will be contacted and given more detailed information related to isolating and any information specific to their circumstances.
- Students that are asymptomatic (do not experience any COVID-19 symptoms) will be given an antigen test 14 days after their positive result. Those that test negative for that antigen test will be re-enrolled in the testing clinic. Those that test positive will be removed from the weekly testing clinic for 90 days.
- During initial communication with a positive student, contact tracing is done. Those who are identified as being exposed are contacted to quarantine.
- Vaccinated students must upload their information into the health portal.
- Once a nurse has confirmed this information, they will inform the student that they no longer need to participate in weekly testing.
- Fully vaccinated students do not need to quarantine upon arrival or if exposed.
- Proper PPE still must be worn at all times.
Vaccination Uploading Instructions
- Go to shacscom.grinnell.edu.
- On the left navigation, click on Medical Clearances.
- Click the Update button next to COVID.
- Click the upload button under COVID-19 Vaccination Card Upload.
- Upload your vaccine record.
- Enter your vaccine dates under date 1 and date 2 (if applicable)
- Submit your Vaccine 1 and Vaccine 2 (if applicable) information by using the drop-down box options.
- Click done once complete.