If you feel sick with fever, cough, or have difficulty breathing — and especially if you have traveled internationally in the last 14 days or been in contact with someone who has — you should seek medical care right away.
Health Care for Students on Campus
While SHAW is not open to see you in person, we are here and ready to see you through TeleHealth Services. Please call SHAW at 641-269-3230. If it is during normal business hours, the front desk staff will triage your request and work to get you connected to the appropriate service model. If it is after hours, you can follow the prompts to consult with a nurse or leave a message.
If you have scheduled an appointment with SHAW, you will need to log in from a computer so the nurse can see you. If you do not have a computer, please let the person who schedules your appointment know this.
When it is your appointment time:
- You will sign in using your Grinnell college username and password.
- You will then be required to use Duo Authentication. If you have any difficulties, contact the ITS department for Duo assistance.
- Once you log in:
- On the left navigation, click on “Appointments”
- Your appointment should be listed.
- There may be an option to “Complete Questionnaire”. If there is, please click on and complete those questions first.
- Once that is done, you will be returned to the Appointment page.
- Click on “Appointment Check In”.
- You will be asked to confirm your location.
- There may be other questions. If so, please answer those.
- Hit OK.
- You will be directed back to the Appointment page.
- There will now be a link called “Join Meeting”.
- Click on this to join from your computer.
- You will be on hold until the nurse starts the visit. You will know because they will appear on your screen!
Health Care for Employees
- Employees should stay home if they are sick.
- Supervisors can seek help from Human Resources about reasonable measures to accommodate sick employees.
- You should seek care from your family doctor, urgent care facility, or hospital.
- If you are seeking care, call ahead to your doctor’s office or emergency room and advise them of your recent travel and symptoms.
Grinnell College: SHAW 641-269-3230
Grinnell College: Campus Safety phone number, 641-269-4600
Grinnell College: SHAW website
IDPH: Infectious Disease Hotline number, 800-362-2736