Grinnell is a place where students take advantage of every opportunity they have, whether it’s attending one of the 500+ free annual events, performances, or symposia, participating in one of our 200+ student groups, making the most of our state-of-the-art athletic facilities, giving back with skill-enhancing service projects, or enjoying all-campus concerts, films, and social events organized entirely by students. At Grinnell, there is no end to what you can gain from — or bring to — our community.
We emphasize a collaborative academic environment, respect for differences, and the exploration of ideas across departments. We’re committed to challenging you and giving you the support you need to excel.
We are also a community of active citizens. We support and look out for each other, add our voices to campus discussions, and ask for help when we need it.
The culture here is based on the values of generations of Grinnellians who came before, and adapts to each new class. Your responsibility as a Grinnellian is to help build the culture you want to experience.
Wonder if you fit in? You will if:
• You respect yourself and others.
• You are curious, hard-working, and engaged.
• You're willing to challenge yourself and try new things.
• You want to learn more about various cultures from those who come from them, and share you own experiences.
• You're willing to take an active role in building a safe, welcoming community.